"Tranquility Testing - Relaxation Meets Ham Radio License"
The first thing to do is jump on your internet browser and get your own FRN. This is simply a FCC website where you can manage all of your radio licenses.
FCC License Manager Site: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
Next thing: Repetitive study and practice tests. We have seen great success using Ham Study. You will see all of the questions on the test along with the answers and it is free!
Study here: https://hamstudy.org/
1. If you now have your FRN from Step 1 above, and you are now passing your practice exams in Step 2 above, you've got this. Let's go.
* Important note: Your name on your exam registration must match your name on your FCC license, or on your FRN if applying for a new license.
Registering will reserve your spot and will generate a 605 application and you will receive a link to your specific exam session. Your application will also generate a 4-digit access PIN for your test session.
You will be asked to show your legal photo ID on camera to the VE Team. We accept driver’s licenses, passports for adults, or any government-issued ID. Under-18 students may show either of the above items, or a student can show a school ID or report card, and a legal guardian will present a photo ID.
1. Only you may be in your exam room. Please ask others not to enter during your exam. We have found that bathrooms work really well.
2. Clear your test area of all non-exam materials, notes, books, posters, or items that might aid in testing, and all items within reach or view that would raise suspicions, such as papers, sticky notes, electronic items, headphones, or other items unnecessary for your exam.
3. Additional computer screens and TVs in your field of view must be covered or removed.
1. Your computer must have a webcam, microphone, and speakers. MacOS requires that you unlock a security and privacy setting that allows Zoom to record before your screen can be shared.
2. Use reliable internet service. An interrupted internet connection can void your exam session.
3. VERY Important: Download and test-run Zoom with someone (including screen sharing) on your computer and on your phone (or IPAD) before your test session.
Download Zoom: https://zoom.us/download
4. Headsets / earbuds / headphones / smart watches / smart eye-wear / physical calculators are not allowed.
5. Close all computer applications except for 1 browser window and an on-screen calculator.
6. Verify your computer is plugged in or fully charged.
Eddie and the entire team of Volunteer Examiners volunteer their time and service and receive no compensation.
Your entire exam fee (minus bank transaction fees) goes to the ARRL or GLAARG to further HAM radio.